Students Mentorship Programme (SMP)
SBIT believes that students are the best mentor for one another. With this view one of the rare programme is started in campus for the benefits of its students - Student Mentorship Programme.
Under this programme SBIT Alumni working in Leading Corporates and senior students of the Institute will guide the students with the strategies to deal with the future, be it academic, extra curricular activities or interviews.
SBIT Alumni are invited for talk. They interact with students and guide with the real-time industry demand and expectation from the fresh graduate. They not guide them but also train them by conducting executive days’ workshop from time to time and inculcate the upcoming technology. SBIT strongly believe that only a person from the same academic and industry background can help you see the real time scenario of employment.
While Student Mentoring can provide valuable support for students at critical points in their student life, it offers a host of other benefits for both mentor and mentee. Student mentoring is a mutual way of learning and allowing both participants to develop transferable skills that will help them during their time at college and beyond.
• Enhances confidence and offers challenges to set higher goals take risks and achieve at higher levels.
• Individual recognition and encouragement.
• Psychosocial support.
• Advice on balancing range of academic and professional responsibilities.
• Provides role modeling for professional leadership and facilitates the development of increased competencies and stronger interpersonal skills.
• Access to a support system during critical stages of your academic and career development.
• An insider’s perspective on navigating your career.
• Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences.
• Direct access to powerful resources within your major or profession.
• The foundation of a lasting professional and personal network.
• Gain practical advice, encouragement and support
• Learn from the experiences of others
• Increase your social and academic confidence
• Become more empowered to make decisions
• Develop your communication, study and personal skills
• Develop strategies for dealing with both personal and academic issues
• Identify goals and establish a sense of direction